THE SOCIETY SHALL CARRY THE NAME “ALEXANDRIA SOCIETY OF RHINOLOGY” (ABBREVIATION A.S.R.). THE REGISTERED OFFICE IS LOCATED AT 670 AL HORREYA STREET, ALEXANDRIA, EGYPT
The Society is a multidisciplinary, scientific association of skull base sciences. It will devote itself to promote the free interchange of knowledge and experience between persons who are active in the fields of research, teaching, diagnosis and therapy of skull base diseases within Egypt.
The Main aims of the Society will be:
- Holding scientific congresses,
- Promoting exchange visits between members,
- Enhancing postgraduate education,
- Collaboration between members in research projects and professional matters,
- Acting as a professional advisory body to other groups.
THE SOCIETY IS A NON-PROFIT ASSOCIATION AND THE FUNDS OF THE SOCIETY SHALL BE USED ONLY FOR THE PURPOSES OF REALIZING THE INTENTIONS STATED IN THE BYLAWS.
The Society shall have ACTIVE, CANDIDATE, CORPORATE AND HONORARY members.
- An ACTIVE member shall be a doctor (MD or equivalent) engaged in the practice as well as research and teaching of skull base science and related disciplines.
- A CANDIDATE member shall be a physician – in training involved in a practice as well as research and teaching of skull base science and related disciplines. Candidate members shall undergo a review for election to active membership upon obtaining their qualifying medical degree
- A CORPORATE member shall be a legal entity that supports the aims of the Society.
- An HONORARY member shall be an emeritus person who bas rendered particular service in the field of the skull base disciplines.
APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP SHOULD BE MADE TO THE SECRETARY AND MUST BE SUPPORTED BY THREE ACTIVE MEMBERS BEFORE THEY CAN BE CONSIDERED BY THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. A TWO THIRDS MAJORITY OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SHALL DECIDE IN CASES OF ANY DOUBT.
All memberships are based on the calendar year of January 1 through December 31. Annual dues are applicable for active members only. Other types of membership shall pay no dues.The annual dues is LE 100 per year. A one time processing fee of LE 200 should be included with the application for membership.
The Society shall consist of:
- The Executive Committee
- The Nominating Committee.
- The Plenary Meeting.
- Executive power of the Society is vested in the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall consist of the President, the Co-President, Secretary General, Treasurer and seven additional members.
- The members of the Executive Committee shall be elected by simple majority from among the members of the Society by a secret ballot.
- The presence of at least half of the members of the Executive Committee shall be necessary for the conduct of business.
- The Executive Committee shall elect the following: the President, Co-President, Secretary General and Treasurer. The members of the Executive Committee shall be elected for a term of four years. The maximum period in office shall be four years for the President and the Co-President. Members of the Executive Committee may be re-elected once; thereafter at least four years must elapse before reelection can take place.
- The President or the Co-President shall represent the Society in legal matters and have executive powers on their own within authorization rendered by the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall only adopt resolutions with the majority of its members present at the Executive Committee Meeting.
- The President has the casting vote.
- The selection of candidates to be considered for election to the Executive Committee shall be made by the Nominating Committee.
- The Nominating Committee shall consist of the President, Co-President & the most senior tow members of the Executive Committee.
- The Plenary Meeting shall have legislative powers. All members of the Society in good standing shall be entitled to attend any Plenary Meeting. The Plenary Meeting shall be held every year.
- The President, upon resolution of the Executive Committee, shall notify the members of the Society of a Plenary Meeting. The Plenary Meeting shall adopt resolutions by simple majority of the members present. Minutes shall be kept of the proceedings at the Plenary Meeting; such minutes MUST be signed by the President and Secretary.
- The Society shall hold its Official Congress every two years and during the Congress there will be the Plenary Meeting.
Amendments of the Bylaws:
- Amendments of the Bylaws can be proposed by a majority vote of the Executive Committee or by a written request signed by at least fifty active members of the Society. The amendments of the bylaws can be made by ballot or at a Plenary Meeting by resolution of two thirds of the members present.
- The Executive Committee shall have the authority, as necessary, to modify the Regulations.
- In any matter concerning the interpretation of the bylaws, the decision shall rest with the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee shall resolve any matters concerning the Society that are not covered explicitly by the bylaws.
- The President of the Society has the right, upon legal advice, to make any amendments of the bylaws that are necessary for registration of the Society or for recognition of its non-profit status by the tax authorities.
The Language of the Society is English.
A resolution of two-thirds of the members of the Society shall be necessary to dissolve the Society. If the Society is dissolved or the previous purposes are abolished, the funds of the Society shall be transferred to the Friendship Society of Otolaryngology. Located at; the Department of otolaryngology, university of Alexandria.